Dealing with regulations is an important and sometimes frustrating responsibility that comes with running a business. These laws, which can lead to fines and sometimes criminal charges, encompass your computing devices and the ways you store, handle, and transmit data.
Computer companies, for instance, will need to make sure they meet the recent energy efficiency standards California has set for computing devices. Other regulations govern not so much the devices themselves as the decisions you make about hardware, software, and employee computing habits that affect digital information.
For instance, businesses and other organizations that work with medical data must comply with HIPAA regulations. One of the challenges they face is maintaining compliance while also taking advantage of new kinds of technology. Health IT Security reports on how healthcare organizations may struggle with balancing HIPAA compliance and adopting various cloud computing services.
How Can IT Support in Los Angeles Help?
IT professionals will help you stay on top of the regulations you need to comply with related to your IT setup:
- Making use of a variety of safeguards for financial information, personal identifiers, and other sensitive data. These include encrypted channels of communication, firewalls, and round-the-clock network monitoring.
- Ensuring that your hardware and software meets high standards in all respects, making them less susceptible to tampering, hacking, and malfunctions.
- Helping you come up with a plan for how to handle an IT disaster, including strategies for data backups and deciding what information to release to employees and to the public.
- Crafting comprehensive, enforceable IT policies for data privacy and other key issues that fall under regulations.
- Teaching employees about these critical regulatory issues.
With strong IT support, you won’t only meet regulations; you’ll exceed them, better protecting your employees and customers. Please contact us for more information about how we can help your business comply with various regulations in a powerful and cost-effective way.