It is important that businesses take certain steps to ensure that their systems are running as efficiently as possible, as doing so will help you to maximize productivity. To help you stay as productive as possible in the new year, here are five tech tips you can’t live without in 2018:
- Continually Update Your Browser: Making sure that the internet browser you use is up to date is one of the most important things you can do to ensure your business’s productivity. Outdated browsers may slow you down, and they may leave you at risk of being infected by viruses and other malicious software as you will be without the browser’s latest security patches.
- Keep Everything Updated: In general, it is a good idea to stay on top of all of the updates you are prompted to perform on your computer, whether this be for software or your operating system. These updates will protect your computer and eliminate any potential bugs, helping to ensure that you do not lose productivity due to a glitch or a system crash.
- Make Sure That You Have Antivirus Software: Should your computer become infected by a virus, malware, or some other malicious program, this can greatly slow down your computer and can even cause your computer to crash, leading to lost files. By ensuring that you have a quality, updated, antivirus program installed on your business’s computers, you can help to protect your business from the slowdown, and security threat, a virus could represent.
- Backup Files Automatically: Should your computer become infected by malicious software, or should your computer crash for some other reason, it is important that you have a backup of your files and programs so that you can quickly return to work. You should then consider using a program that automatically backs up your data on a regular basis so that you are protected should your computer crash.
- Use an Effective Spam Filter: You can also lose productivity sorting through and deleting unwanted emails. This makes it important that you utilize an effective spam filter so that not only do you only see the emails you want, but also, so that there is less risk that your computer becomes infected should you accidentally click on a malicious email.
Contact us to learn more about what you can do to maintain your systems, and maximize your business’s productivity, in 2018.